Hi there! It’s a few hours away from the Easter weekend! Easter is traditionally celebrated either in March or April, and it just so happens that I was born on the last day in the month of March. See the connection? In fact, I thought it so cool when my birthday coincided with Easter Sunday some five years back. Well, it falls on Easter eve this time around and I’m low-key excited as always.
The birthday photoshoot I talked about here didn’t work out again because, laziness. Don’t ask me about the solo date too (covers face). So I can predict to an extent how my Saturday is going to look like from here: my little brother will most likely be the one to wake me up with a birthday song, which Momsi and Sisi will join to sing. Later in the evening, my dad in his usual custom will call me to kneel before him to receive the traditional birthday blessings. I’m thinking of telling him to add good husband and fine shildren to this year’s prayer request because girl is not getting any younger, hehe.
Last week on the blog, we shared on how to deal with conflicts and boy, you’d agree with me that it was a really “serious” post. Now, how would you like something light in the spirit of my birthday celebration? I thought to share a little extra about myself, basically random stuff and right off the top of my head. Let’s get down to it, shall we?
- I have only one brother and one sister in this life, which I think is perfect by the way. One gives me a girl’s perspective, the other a guy’s.
- I cannot dance to save my life. Tried doing the shaku-shaku thingy recently, let’s just say it was an #EpicFail.
- Can’t swim either. Now that I think of it, have I even dipped my legs in a real pool?
- I love ripe plantains, sliced thin and fried in hot oil until crisp. Miss any step, and you’d eat the plantains all by yourself. Just kidding.
- Graduated from uni with first class honours. Best girl in class, best student in class, best girl in faculty, best student in faculty, best girl in the entire uni… Need I say more?
- Contrary to popular opinion, Fae is NOT an acronym for my full name (like Favour Emmanuel). It is rather the first syllable of Fay-vour, and was first spelt Fae by my sister.
- My full name sounds unisex by the way, reason why I missed being called out on grad day for the prize of best girl in the uni (I was mistaken for a boy!).
- Text or phone calls? Text me pleeease, I don’t possess the emotional energy that goes into answering calls.
- I can get on a high from sniffing creamed butter.
- Yes, there’s a special guy somewhere in the picture. I’m still thinking of a code name for him on the blog because “monitoring spirits” are everywhere. Any suggestions?
- Never been away from my family for more than a month. For someone who loves to travel, it’s incredulous abi?
- I was the only girl in my class at uni. Currently the only girl on my team at work too. Could this be a sign that I’m going to be the only girl in my future home? (wails loudly)
- I love to discover, collect and create words. My current fave word has to be shenanigans; can’t wait to use it on the blog!
- A disorganized living space makes me feel like there’s cotton wool stuffed in my brain. Some days, I have to re-arrange my room in order to think clearly.
- Would seriously consider being an Ob-gyn in a next life.
- I don’t fancy wearing make-up to church because I cry a lot during worship and prayer. I wouldn’t want to end up looking like someone a truck ran over.
- I have long relaxed hair. The only reason I could consider going natural is just to prove to myself that I’m better off with relaxed hair.
- I prefer beef to goat meat.
Do you think these were random enough? Let’s talk in the comments, and I’d love to hear something random about you too. And don’t forget it’s my birthday on Saturday. Say a prayer for me, will you?
Please subscribe to the blog so all my latest posts go straight to your mail box and you can binge-read whenever you want to. And it’s simple to subscribe: enter your active email address in the field provided and click Subscribe!